Monday, August 9, 2010

Piano test

Woke up early today at 8 because i was effing nervous. Had to skip school, because of this very important test. And so I ran through all my pieces, there was 3 of them, and also scales, contrary motion. Faith and confidence PLUS approximately 6 months of preparing was all I had. I need to pass this. Or all my hard work will go POOF!, missing. At about 10, my brother and I arrived at blue wave hotel. That's where we had our exam. Just like the past 2 years. And so we waited. We registered, showed our IC and said our prayers. We were taking the same grade, so to calm each other, we talked about how easy it will be, like senang la, jangan riasu, okay punya. 10.43 was my queue. I went into the room 1519 where the venue was. Once I entered, there was this british, tall, mid-30s man. He smiled giving me this sense of warmness as if to ease my nerves. Ofcourse this was him, the examiner. I sat down and started off with my scales. It was okay at first. Then it turned horrid. The examiner asked me to play D flat major. I was confident at playing the particular scale but he stopped me in the middle. He said 'It's D major not minor'. In my heart I went like huh? yes i was panicking. My hands were trembling and I was shaking. I couldn't recall. So i did the forbidden and hentam. Haih. My pieces were okay. I think? After it's over, I said thank you and put on a smile. I went out with a mix emotion of relief and disappointment. Damn laa. I would be thankful if i pass this test. InsyaAllah.

P/S: I met Amir Hamzah. He changed, in so many ways, from my point of view. But yeah in a way he's still Amir hamzah (:

No comments:

Post a Comment